Rope skipping is a kind of exercise which requires the coordination of hands and feet and rhythmic movement of the whole body. Skipping rope can strengthen one’s body by training up his/her response and patience. Individuals and groups of any age and sex may choose to skip ropes at any place and time. It is hoped that one will enjoy this kind of sport through this “Get Set Go” competition.
- 4 to 6 participants in one group.
- Each participant will be given a jump rope pedometer.
- Encourage the participants to skip as much as possible by using basic step (two-foot jump) within 2 minutes.
- If mistakes were made, the participant can continue the event and the previous jumps would still be counted.
- The top three participants with the highest scores will be the winner of the competition.
- All participants will be given a souvenir.
- The top three participants with the highest scores will be given an additional prize.
- Wear suitable and comfortable sports attires.
- Children should be accompanied by parents, teachers or adult when doing exercise.
- Avoid doing exercises in very hot or humid atmosphere.
- Avoid harming others with the ropes.
- Seek medical advice before starting exercise if you have chronic diseases.
- If you experience dizziness, nausea, vomiting or severe shortness of breath during exercise, stop immediately, take a rest and consult your doctor.